Did you know that you can gain citizenship with employer’s help?
Employers in San Diego are leading the way in helping legal permanent residents gain citizenship. Through the nationwide initiative “New American Workforce”, many employers in San Diego offer their employees financial and/or legal assistance to help them attain citizenship status. This article will inform you of how you can gain citizenship with employer’s help and what steps to take to make it happen. By understanding this program and leveraging employer assistance, you can make your dream of becoming a US citizen a reality.
Here is what you need to know on how you can gain citizenship with employer’s help:
- “New American Workforce” is a nationwide program run by the nonprofit organization “National Immigration Forum” in Washington, D.C.
- More than 25% of the 200 companies participating nationwide are located in San Diego
- The program’s objective is to help employees with the naturalization process, that is the somewhat costly and complex process of becoming a U.S. citizen
- There are several ways in which employers can help their employees on the way to citizenship:
- provide financial assistance by paying part of the application fees or offering microloans
- provide legal assistance to overcome obstacles such as minor problems in the applicants immigration or criminal history
- The program’s many benefits can be enjoyed by many, especially the citizen employee, the employer, and the San Diego economy:
- Citizen employees build self-esteem and pride and are happier
- Employers benefit from their enhanced productivity and loyalty
- San Diego’s communities become stronger and more inclusive, which leads to a stronger economy
Becoming a US citizen is not an easy task, but many employers in San Diego have joined forces to help immigrants make their dreams come true with the “New American Workforce” initiative. This program offers financial and/or legal assistance to assist with the process of gaining citizenship. To make sure you’re on the path towards becoming a US citizen, contact The Cruz Law Office for more details about how employers can help you reach your goal. You’ll be one step closer to achieving your dream and making it a reality.